You know what’s easier than making three meals a day? Making zero meals a day. In this article we are going to talk about keto meal prep and how it paves the way for diet success.
You can meal prep all of your meals for the week if you so desire. While that is a lot of work on Sunday night, it pays off during the week when you are simply heating things up for the rest of the week. Personally, I meal prep lunch and sometimes I will make breakfast a few days in advance, but I never meal prep all three meals I have during the day. For example’s sake let’s go through the process of meal prepping for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the coming week.
Keto Breakfast Meal Prep
For breakfast we are not going to be too worried about variety. I don’t have an issue keeping it simple for breakfast. Here are our two breakfast options:
This is very easy. Make a cup of coffee and add a tablespoon of grass-fed butter, a tablespoon of MCT oil and a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream and whip it up with a stick blender. (This is an affiliate links and I get paid a small commission when you use them to purchase at no additional cost to you. There will be more of these throughout the article.)
If you haven’t tried bulletproof coffee, you need to do so soon. It is the perfect way to start your day on the keto diet. Lots of fat and no carbs. This will power you through to lunch no problem.
If these aren’t good breakfast options for you, then personalize it. Maybe you just like a boiled egg. Then boil some eggs at the beginning of the week.
Keto Lunch and Dinner Meal Prep
For lunch and dinner we are going to mix and match some items. This is going to include chopped veggies, nuts, hard boiled eggs, meats and cheeses. Here is your shopping list to put together an array of items to enjoy for punch.
Keto Meal Prep Shopping List
Carrots, red bell peppers, cucumbers, baby spinach and any other keto friendly veggies you prefer.
Two cans of tuna, one pound of lunch meat of your choice (turkey, ham, roast beef) and two pounds of skinless chicken thighs (this will be used for lunch and dinner), 1 pound of salmon.
Cheese sticks (of your choice), heavy cream, sour cream, grass-fed butter, keto-friendly salad dressing, mayo, mustard and eggs.
Coffee, avocado oil, pecans, almonds, salt, pepper and your seasonings of choice
From there you will do the following steps to prepare your lunch and dinner for the week:
- Get 10 plastic containers ready to fill with your meals.
- Chop up vegetables and put in five different plastic containers.
- Combine baby spinach salad with vegetables of choice to make five salads.
- Boil eggs and peel.
- Mix the canned tuna with mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Put the tuna salad in two different plastic containers that already have a salad or mixed vegetables in them.
- Bake four pieces of chicken and four pieces of salmon. Season it with your seasonings of choice and cook them in avocado oil.
- Combine four pieces of salmon and four pieces of chicken with the ten containers that are already filled with salad and chopped vegetables.
- Finish the ten meals by adding your choice of pecans, almonds, hard boiled eggs and cheese sticks. These will be snacks to supplement your meals.
You are ready to go and prepared all of your breakfast, lunch and dinner for the coming week. This process will take two to three hours, but it will be well worth it as all of your meals are now ready for the week.
If you are not sure what type of chicken or salmon to make, then head over to Pinterest and find some recipes that are right up your alley.
Obviously, this is just a loose guideline. You can alter it to your preference. This is YOUR meal plan.