With a lot of people becoming health conscious and health freaks there has been a rise in the popularity of the low carb diet. Almost everyone today is following a low carb diet; which restricts the intake of carbohydrates especially the bad carbs found in pastas, bread and sugary foods. There are various types of low carb diets that help in losing weight and improving one’s health. But there is a lot of confusion regarding the right kind of low carb diet that one should take, but there is nothing to worry about it as there are a lot of communities these days that especially deal with low carb diet and facts related to the same.
Low carb friends is one such community where one can find all the information related to carbohydrates the good and the bad ones, there is information regarding the resources of the low carb diet and also there are low carb recipes that one can use and make at home easily. The low carb friends also have a carbohydrates counter that helps one in keeping a count of the carbs that they are in taking. So the low carb friends, is one friendly site for those who want the real and true information related to carbs and the diet that should be taken.
Low Carb Friends – Foods to be avoided
Be it the low carb friends or any other low carb community they all believe that there are a few foods that should be definitely avoided in order to maintain a low carb diet like:
- Sugar- Soft drinks, cadies, ice creams and fruit juices should be avoided in a low carb diet.
- Gluten- Foods like wheat, barley, rye, breads and pastas are high in carbs.
- Trans fat- Food items containing trans fat are not considered to be good for health.
- Artificial sweeteners- Use of aspartame, saccharin, sucralose and cyclamates should be avoided while stevia can be used instead of all these.
- Low fat products- In a low carb diet all the low fat products like cereals, crackers and dairy products should not be taken.
Low Carb Friends – Foods to be eaten
A lot of forums like low car friends what agree to the fact that there are a number of low carb foods that are unprocessed and they should definitely be taken:
- Meat- In meat one can have beef, lamb, pork and chicken.
- Fish- Salmon, haddock and trout are the best low carb fishes that can be had.
- Eggs- In a low carb diet omega 3 enriched eggs are the best and they should definitely be taken.
- Vegetables- Spinach, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots are the best vegetables that should be taken in a low carb diet.
- Nuts- Not all nuts come in a low carb diet; almonds and walnuts are the best ones.
A low carb diet is not easy to follow in the start but once the body gets used to it, then its results are outstanding. If you have any doubt regarding the low car foods and diet then you can easily refer the low carb friends community.